Who we are
Our web address is www.barn.co.nz
(effective May 2018)
- We respect your privacy, it is important to us, we will therefore do our utmost to protect it.
- We will never rent, loan, trade or sell your information.
- We will only share your information when we need to do so to provide you with the services you sought, or we are legally required to do so.
- We will be transparent should a privacy breach occur.
- We will answer any questions or concerns you have regarding your privacy.
Our company and website requires your personal information so we, or our partners, can provide you with the goods, services or information requested. Your information is kept safe and is not given or on-sold to other parties. It is collected when you contact us directly, fill in a form on our website, or use our booking agents. By contacting us, or using our website, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
What Personal Information Might We Collect?
The type of information we collect about you may include information such as:
- your name
- your email address
- your address
- your phone number(s)
- other information you may supply e.g. your travel plans
- information about your computer via Google Analytics (e.g. your IP address and browser type)
- information about how you use our website via Google Analytics (e.g. which pages you have viewed, the time you viewed them and what you clicked on)
- information about your mobile device via Google Analytics (such as your geographical location)
Our booking agents collect your payment information (e.g. your credit or debit card details) and some or all of the above information.
How long do you hold my information?
We keep your information for the period necessary to fulfil our obligations to you for the services you require, and as long as we are obliged by New Zealand law.
We respect your Personal Information and take all reasonable steps to ensure it is kept safe. However no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is considered 100% secure.
Should you suspect any loss or misuse of your personal information please let us know as soon as possible.
How can I contact you about my personal information?
To enquire about your personal information, please use the contact information at the top and bottom of our website.
If you wish to complain about how we use your personal information please first email or write to us detailing your concerns (please don’t include your credit card information). Your privacy and your concerns are important to us so will endeavour to address your concerns promptly.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at [email protected] or by mail using the details provided below:
14 Harvey Road, Marahau, S, 7197, New Zealand
If we are unable to, you can complain to the New Zealand Privacy Commissioner
Cookies are small files that websites may use to improve the user experience. They can be set by our website (first party cookies) or by a third party e.g. Google (third party cookies). This information is transferred between web servers and web browsers and the user’s device(s). They don’t usually collect personal information but may log general information about your device and location. You can turn cookies off in your browser and/or delete them from your hard drive.
There are session and persistent cookies. Session cookies expire when you close your browser. Persistent cookies expire after a certain period or if you delete them from your browser.
You can find out more about cookies at Cookiepedia or www.allaboutcookies.org.
Our website does not use first party cookies but does use Google Analytics, so that we may improve the service(s) we supply to you and the efficiency of our website. It aids our understanding of visitors’ usage of our website without personally identifying individuals.
We use a range of google products for website enhancements and user experience including adwords and signals